Thursday, June 17, 2010

Forecast Frustration


Are you looking at the heavy rain over the metro this morning and wondering...What the heck is going on?!
I'm watching the heavy downpour outside the window of my home office. The rain pouring off the freshly painted west side of my house. The painters could only get to the west and north sides of my home yesterday. Right about now they are pulling up to the curb at my home to sit in their truck and wait for this rain to pull out and hopefully get to work after some drier weather later today.
The new gutters for our house will go up Monday... if the painters are finished by then. Timing is everything.
The severe potential over the state is in the moderate risk zone today. That means we will have about a 10% chance of tornadoes within 25 miles of any point later today and tonight. The Storm Prediction Center now rates the risk of severe weather with percentage chance of tornadoes and damaging wind.
I will tell you the heat and humidity through the day will move along a warm front this morning and then really fire up along a cold front late tonight. The wind is going to be strong in this area and that could spin up extremely large thunderstorms with a chance for tornadoes late in the day and overnight.
Be ready... I'll be on the air keeping you updated all night. My wife will be sitting beside our sump pump making sure it continues to keep our basement dry as heavy rain falls off the gutter-less roof of the weather guy's house.

No comments: