Monday, September 27, 2010

therealedwilson....a Twitter Fake

I had a couple friends tell me there was person on Twitter that was calling himself/herself "therealedwilson". Both of these friends were sort of shocked that I was not "therealedwilson" because the person on Twitter was using my picture from the www.whotv.com web site and was talking like a weather person.

Tonight Keith Murphy came to the news desk and told me he started laughing when "therealedwilson" Twittered it was going to be MOIST tonight. Keith said he then realized this person was not Ed Wilson of Channel 13. We laughed and then I said..."Well it was moist this morning." There was quite a bit of fog.

So to the person who is trying to be "therealedwilson" get real and stop using my name and picture on Twitter. To those 87 folks who are following this person on Twitter...sorry you were fooled by this Twitter twit.

So now what am I going to call myself when I start to tweet? The "reallyrealedwilson"?

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Hey Ed, take a look at: http://support.twitter.com/articles/18366-impersonation-policy